When you’re ready to begin with the process of starting a business in Florida, it’s important that you know all of the steps involved, and all of the requirements that you must follow.
Here, you’ll find our quick and easy step by step guide for creating an LLC in Florida. It’ll help you and your business hit the ground running, while avoiding mistakes and enjoying a hassle-free journey.
- Choosing Your Name: The first step of starting an LLC in Florida is choosing your LLC’s name. You may love one name in particular, but then find out through official searches that the name is already taken within the state. Or, along the same lines, there may be other businesses which are very similar to the name you’d like. That’s why you have to make sure you properly search through the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations website before you move any further.
- Filing/Registering Your LLC: Now that you have your name and you know that it is unique and available, the next step for creating an LLC in Florida is to file the official registration paperwork. Registration fees for starting an LLC in Florida are $100 for the filing itself, plus $25 for the registered agent filing, which is also required. Any corrections, revisions, documents or reports will have additional fees.
- Obtaining your Federal EIN: Now that you’ve begun the process of creating an LLC in Florida, you need to obtain your Federal EIN, Employer Identification Number. This is used for taxation purposes and any other Federal documents or needs.
- Don’t Forget: In the state of Florida, the majority of counties require businesses to obtain local tax permits or receipts, and potentially other local permits and licenses. More information on what is required within the state may be available at several online resources, including StateofFlorida.com, Dos.State.FL.US, Stellarlifecoaching.com and Leg.State.FL.US.
- Bank Account: Now that you’ve filed your registration and obtained your Federal EIN, you also need to get a bank account to handle your expenses and earnings. Once you’ve done that, you’re basically ready to begin operation, and you’ve successfully navigated the process of starting a business in Florida!
According to survey, there were over 293,000 new business entity filings in the state of Florida in 2012 alone! Clearly, you’re not the only one who’s interested in starting a business in Florida, but it’s a great time to get started and the state offers many benefits for business owners.
With the above step by step guide and helpful information, hopefully you know more about how to create an LLC in Florida and the specific steps and to-dos you must follow or complete along the way. Follow the above steps and you and your business will have great success starting an LLC in Florida.